Hotel Indigo was renovating a historic building in Durham to be opened as the latest property in their portfolio. We were briefed to raise awareness of the opening regionally and to manage the Durham hotel’s social media presence in the lead up to the opening.
We compiled a list of influencers we wanted to engage with in the North East and began a programme of tours, events and content distribution to inform, entertain and educate the audience about the plans for the historic building.
There were many stakeholders to work alongside, including the parent brand, internal marketing teams, and the client’s other partners. This required a huge amount of organisation and a high level of communication to ensure we were all working to the same goals and schedules.
• PR campaign planning and research including developing media and influencer lists
• Out of hours social media monitoring and responses
• Building relationships with key contacts to secure editorial ahead of the launch
• Liaising with press and influencers to attend sneak peek tours x 2 in January and February
• Co-ordinating competitions / free stays with both influencers and local/regional radio
• Arranging and overseeing photoshoots
• Arranging influencers for stay reviews
• Arranging VIPs for ‘ribbon cutting’ at an intimate launch event
• Development of a bespoke website to host content for potential visitors and guests to Durham
The hotel sits as best in class for customer satisfaction after only eight weeks of the opening within the parent brand in Europe. We achieved coverage in over 80% of our target publications with a positive sentiment in all editorial.
The number of searches for ‘hotel indigo Durham’ was at a 12-month high (422,000) in January 2018.
The popularity in this search term in the UK spiked at the beginning of January (Google Trends) and remained high throughout February which correlated with the increase in PR and social media activity from our team.
To find out more about our work or if we can help you with your next creative project, please call us on 0191 543 6550 or email email@example.com